ADMISSION. STEP-BY-STEP SCHEME
Step 1. Sending the documents
You should send (either by e-mail or fax) the following documents:
- The completed application form;
- The copy of the international passport pages (those with the photo, date and place of birth etc.);
- The documents confirming your previous education translated into Russian or English language. Document requirements depend on the program (Example: applying for the MSc program you should send the BSc diploma with transcript).
You do NOT need to provide the documents confirming your previous education when applying to the following programs:
- Russian language study program
- Summer and Winter Schools
- Tailored programs
Duration of the step – 1-3 weeks (the documents for the MSc, PhD and DSc programs require more time to be considered).
Step 2. Prepayment procedure
There are 2 ways of admission to the SPbSPU.
1. The registration fee of 2500 RUR should be paid in cash by everyone applying for the SPbSPU programs.
! It is NOT possible to transfer the registration fee to the SPbSPU account.
Duration of the step: up to 1 week.
2. Prepayment for the 1st semester:
2.1. The scan copy of the contract in Russian language will be sent to the free mover’s e-mail.
2.2. When the student agree with the terms of the contract, he should send the signed copy of the contract to the firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
2.3. Invoice for the payment for 1st semester will be sent to the candidate e-mail, during 5-7 working days.
2.4. Payment should be transferred to the SPbSPU bank account in Euro or USD. The payment deadline depend on the type of the program:
- admission to the University foundation program: until September, 1;
- admission to Bachelor degree and Master degree programs until July, 1;
- Admission to PhD individually.
2.5. As soon as funds proceed to the bank account, we will start to make an invitation.
Step 3. Making the invitation
Upon sending the required documents you should write the following information:
- country of your birth;
- city of your birth;
- city of residence;
- city where you will issue your visa;
- full home address WITH THE ZIP CODE (POST CODE) where we should send the invitation after it is ready (country-province-city-etc.)
- name of the person who will receive the invitation;
- contact telephone number of that person.
This information is necessary to issue the Invitation in the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russian Federation.
The procedure of making the invitation starts within 2-3 days.
Duration of the step – 30 days.
! There is NO possibility of making urgent invitations. Try to do everything in advance.
Step 4. Receiving the invitation
There are 2 ways how you can receive your invitation:
- you or someone of your acquaintances come to IIEP and take the invitation;
- we send the invitation by Express-mail (choosing this variant you should provide IIEP with your full home address and contact telephone number). You will receive the invitation within a week.
Step 5. Legalization of the documents
Please PAY ATTENTION that by your arrival to the University both your Certificate/Diploma and Transcript should be LEGALIZED. Legalization is the procedure of academic documents approval in the Ministry of International Affairs in the country of your graduation and after that in the Russian Consulate - in both these organizations they should put a stamp on the back side of your documents or on their copies; in different countries there are different rules.
! Invitation is NOT enough to enter Russia. It is necessary to make the visa at the Russian Federation Consulate / Embassy.
Step 6. Force Majeure
In case of refusal to study, the payment for 1 semester will be refunded to the student’s account except 10%- non-refundable fee.
Step 7. Arrival to the university
In the customs zone you must fill in the migration card and after the customs officer puts a stamp on it you must keep it till your departure from Russia.
If you informed the Admission Office managers in time, you will be provided with accommodation in the University hostel immediately upon arrival.
On the day of your arrival or the next day (if not week-ends) you should come to the Admission Office with the following documents:
- original passport;
- original migration card;
- original academic documents required for the program you were admitted to (the documents should be legalized in the Ministry of International Affairs of the country of citizenship);
- 12 photos 3*4 cm
! Please PAY ATTENTION that all the foreign students arriving to Russia must bring the documents for registration in Migration Service in 2 days after crossing the border of Russian Federation. The penalty for those who are late with registration varies from paying a fine to deportation from Russia.
In case you pass all the steps successfully – congratulations, you are admitted to SPbSPU!
For more information, please, contact the Admission Office:
Tel.: +7 (812) 534-74-63
Fax: +7 (812) 534-13-65