Summer Language Program
June 23 – July 25, 2014
The Center of Russian Language, Literature and Culture of SPbSPU organizes the courses for different periods - from 1 month to 1 academic year.
Summer courses (2013): June 23th – July 25th (5 weeks)
Students are required to take one intensive Russian Language course at the appropriate level. Students are encouraged to take two additional courses. There is a maximum of 12 students per language class.
- Russian Language. 14 hours a week. Russian grammar, conversation, phonetics, translation, writing practice etc.
- Political Science (Contemporary Russian Life). Major elements of contemporary Russian life are surveyed - law, economics, government, health care, art and education. Sample topic include Soviet literature and journalism, the nationalities question since 1985 and economic effects. Taught in English. 4 hours classes + 2 hours of home work per week.
- History of Russian art. This course traces development of Russian Art through the study of the works of the most famous painters of icons, and of 18th, 19th, 20th century. Many of works discussed are seen in local museums such as the Hermitage and the Russian Museum. Taught in English. 2 hours + 1 hour of home work per week.
- St.Petersburg`s Role in Russian History and Culture. Topics include St.Petersburg as the capital of the Russian Empire and home to major architectural and artistic monuments, the city as home to Pushkin, Dostoevsky, Brodsky and Shostokovithch. The course also looks at major figures in Russian history and their links to St.Petersburg. Taught in English. 4 hours classes + 2 hours of home work per week.
Transcripts. SPbSPU issues a transcript which gives details of courses, class hours and grades. Students receive an official transcript from St. Petersburg State Polytechnical University based on Russian language and other course.
The prices (studies and dorm):
1) the studies - $750
2) accommodation (2 pers. per room in a student hostel) - 200 roubles per night (if the period of stay is more then 30 days).
- Student has to pay 300 roubles per each extra night before or after the end of the program (but not more than 14 nights).
1) it takes about 6 weeks to obtain a visa support;
2) the students must have a medical insurance;
3) 3 photos (3x4, mat, on a light background);
4) Accommodation are in the comfortable residence hall for foreign students at SPbSPU. Students live in two-room suites, two students per room, four students per suit, with kitchen (stove, microwave and refrigerator), toilet, and bath tub/shower in each suite.
If you wish to come to study at the Center of Russian Language, Literature and Culture, please complete the form and send it to us with the copy of your passport:
- FULL NAME
- DATE OF BIRTH, PLACE OF BIRTH
- № OF PASSPORT, ISSUE DATE, DATE OF EXPIRY
- HOME ADDRESS
- HOME UNIVERSITY OR JOB AT THIS MOMENT (NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE)
- LANGUAGE LEVEL
- PERIOD OF STUDYING
- CONTACT PHONE OR E-MAIL
Summer semester deadlines is April 15th
Address: 195251, Russia, St. Petersburg, St. Petersburg State Polytechnic University,
The Center of Russian Language, Literature and Culture, Kruzhkov I.
Phone: +7 (812) 606-62-40
E-mail: email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org