RESEARCH PROGRAMS AND ACTIVITIES
Research programs and activities of Polytechnic University are provided by the Department of International Scientific Projects
Deputy head of the International Relations Office:
Nikita (Mihaylovich) Golovin
Assistant: Anton (Nikolaevich) Ambrajei
Tel.: +7 (812) 6066223
Fax: +7 (812) 5341365
Grazdanskiy prospekt 28, IIEP, SPbSPU, Room № 232
FP7 is the short name for the Seventh Framework Program for Research and Technological Development. This is the EU's main instrument for funding research in Europe and it will run from 2007 to 2013. The EC budget is 50.5 billion Euro. FP7 supports reserach in selected priorities: health, food, agriculture and biotechnologies, information and communication technologies, nanosciences, energy, environment, transport, socio-economic sciences and humanities, security, space.
In 2010 SPbSPU was the participant of the following projects, supported by FP7:
- SEMIDEC - Stimulating Semiconductopr Design Cooperation Between Europe and Russia (Faculty of Radiophysical Science and Engineering)
- ATAAC - Advanced Turbulence Simulation for Aerodynamic Application Challenges (Institute of International Educational Programs)
- SICA Project - new algorithms for system biology "parasite - host" (Center of Perspective Researches)
The International Science and Technology Center (ISTC) is an intergovernmental organization connecting scientists from Russia, Georgia, other CIS countries with their peers and research organizations in Canada, EU, Japan, Republic of Korea and the United States. ISTC facilitates international science projects and assists the global scientific and business community to source and engage with Russian and CIS institutes that develop or process an excellence of scientific know - how.
In 2010 SPbSPU was the participant of the following projects, supported by ISTC:
- Highly sensitive gas analyzer (Faculty of Physical Sciences and Technology)
- Dust technologies for thermonuclear fusion (Faculty of Physical Sciences and Technology)
- Development of environmentally friendly dry process of machining (Faculty of Mechanical and Machinery Engineering)
3. NATO grants
NATO-Russia Science for Peace Project (SP NRSfP) grants offer support for applied research and development projects in the Russian Federation, to cover project-related costs such as scientific equipment, computers, software, and training of project personnel.
In 2010 SPbSPU was the participant of the following projects, supported by NATO:
- Development of dynamical innovation methods of supplement of cyber-safety (Faculty Of Economics and Management)
4. CRDF - Civilian Research and Development Foundation
In 2010 SPbSPU was the participant of the following projects, supported by CRDF:
- Dynamics of expression of segmentation genes of drosophila (Center of Perspective Researches)
The Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF) is strongly committed to facilitating and promoting international engagement for the Swiss research community and provides a number of funding opportunities for this purpose. Funding programs, notably, encourage the collaboration of Swiss researchers in a number of specific geographical regions. Others are open worldwide.
In 2010 SPbSPU was the participant of the following projects, supported by SNSF:
- The study of seasonal variability of formation and the morphological structure of municipal waste and related fluctuations in various environmental indicators in order to improve the existing system of waste management (Faculty of Civil Engineering)
Cooperation Program with Russia (RUSSIA) is to strengthen cooperation between Russia and Norway in higher education and research with particular emphasis on areas of significance for the High North region.
In 2010 SPbSPU was the participant of the following projects, supported by Forskningsradet:
- Safe loading and transportation of hydrocarbons from the Barents Sea (Faculty of Civil Engineering)
National Science Foundation of USA (NSF) is an independent agency, which was created to promote the progress of science; to advance the national health, prosperity and welfare, to secure the national defense. In addition, investigators may also include international components in the proposals.
In 2010 SPbSPU was the participant of the following projects, supported by NSF:
- Atomic physics investigations of light localization in high-density ultracold 87Rb vapor (Physics and Mechanics Faculty)
8. National Fond of Canada
In 2010 SPbSPU was the participant of the following projects, supported by National Fond of Canada:
- Study of the problems of stress resistance (Faculty of International Languages)
The main activities of the department:
- Coordination and organizational support of applications for the scientific projects to the international funds and programs
- Establishing of contacts with international organizations which fund scientific researches and projects
- Interaction with the municipal and administrative representatives of Saint-Petersburg, Ministry of Science and Education of Russian Federation and other state structures during the preparation of applications and implementation of international projects